5.5 Child Protection Review Conference
This chapter is currently under review - May 2020
Purpose of the Review Child Protection Conference
The purpose of the Review Conference is to:
- Review the safety, health and development of the child against the planned outcomes set out in the child protection plan;
- Ensure that the child continues to be safeguarded from harm.
Consider whether the child protection plan should continue in place or should be changed.
Timing of the Review Child Protection Conference
If a child becomes the subject of a Child Protection Plan, the first Review Conference must be held within 3 months of the Initial Conference.
Further reviews must be held at intervals of not more than 6 months, for as long as the child remains the subject of a Child Protection Plan.
Consideration should always be given to bringing the date of a conference forward:
- Where child protection concerns relating to a new incident or allegation of abuse have been sustained;
- When there are significant difficulties in carrying out the Child Protection Plan;
- Where a child is to be born into the household of a child who is subject to a Child Protection Plan;
- Where a person known to pose a risk to children is to join, or commences regular contact with, the household;
- When there is a significant change in the circumstances of the child or family not anticipated at the previous conference and with implications for the safety of the child;
- Where a child subject to a Child Protection Plan is Looked After by a local authority and consideration is being given to returning her/him to the circumstances which required a Child Protection Plan (unless this step is anticipated in the existing protection plan);
- Where the Core Group believes that the Child Protection Plan is no longer required.
0330 222 5296
This page is correct as printed on Tuesday 2nd of June 2020 07:18:29 AM please refer back to this website (http://sussexchildprotection.procedures.org.uk) for updates.